Saturday, December 13, 2008

Afifi's Profile

Hi, everybody, my name is Afifi bin Akhiar. I was born in Penang, Malaysia on 14th of April 1989 to a couple named Tuan Haji Akhiar bin Salleh born on 3rd of October 1957 and Dr.Hajjah Hasnah binti Osman who was born on 11th of February 1961. I have four siblings. My eldest sister is Ayuni binti Akhiar born on 19th of October 1989. I am the second child. The third was Adilah binti Akhiar who passed away 47 hours after she was born. Amiri bin Akhiar is now the third child in the family and he was born in 27th of March 1995. Awani binti Akhiar is the fourth and the last child born on 26th of March 1997. I went to a primary school named 'Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Gelugor' when I was seven years old till twelve years old. I was elected as a prefect when I was nine years old. When I was ten, I was involved in Music Club, Red Cross Society. I was also participating in many story telling competition and orating competiton. When I was eleven, I was again elected as a prefect.I was also involved in many more activities like orating competition, story telling competition, marching competition, singing competition, and dancing. I have won many awards in school and also won many outside school during competitions between districts.
When I was twelve years old, I was elected as a Head Prefect. My deputy was Nur Munirah binti Abu Bakar. I was also elected as a President of Red Cross Society, President of Music Club and Chief Officer of Anti Aedes at the same time. I was still involved in many orating and story telling competitions. I have won many. My highest achievement was winning top five in orating competition in state level in Chief Minister, Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon's Trophy. I was choosen 'Tokoh Murid 2001'. I was also the winner of my school 'Dumex Awards'. In that year, I have obtained 5A's in 'Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah' or UPSR and I was the top three students in my school. I was then offered to a boarding school, 'Sekolah Menengah Sultan Abdul Halim, Jitra, Kedah when I was thirteen. I was in boarding school only for a month because I had to follow my mother to New Zealand because she was going to do her Phd. I then went to Dunedin North Intermediate School. There, I was a school librarian, school athletes and a rugby player. I was also involved in Asian Cultural Group where I taught Malaysian Dance. I participated in Talent Quest where I did drama. My drama won first. At the end of that year, I have recieved Class Honour and School Honour. Only three people received School Honour and I was the only Malaysian and Asian receiving such an honour. When I was fourteen, I went to King's High School. I was also a school librarian, King's Week writer,badminton player, volleyball player and school debater. I was the the only Malaysian and Asian joining debating and we have won several inter-school competitions. When, I was 16, I went to Penang Free School starting June 2005. I decided not to be so active so that i can catch up with Malaysian syllabus study. Therefore, I just joined General Knowledge Club. When I was 18, I went to Penang Matriculation College. I also decided not to be so active so that I can concentrate on my only one year in matrics. I was the manager of Volleyball Team of my block during inter-block competition. Now, I am 19 years old and currently studying in Universiti Malaysia Perlis taking Environmental Engineering course. One semester in UniMAP already passed. I was given an honour to lead my first year coursemates. I am now also a Treasurer of 'Majlis Penghuni Kolej Kediaman Tan Sri Aishah Ghani" or Tan Sri Aishah Ghani Residential College Residents Board. I am also one of the UniMAP's debater. I am also member of Drama Club. There are 7 more semester to go in UniMAP and I will upload my story later.

1 comment:

  1. afifi ..aku macam pelk la.. betul ke kakak ko lahir thn same gan ko..how came it so near to u n un the same year..very confussing?

    ReplyDelete